You found out what a derma roller is, are intrigued by the massive benefits, are interested in buying one, and then finally treat yourself and get one. So now how the heck do you use this thing? We got you covered.
For those that do not know; derma rolling, or microneedling, is a treatment that involves rolling tiny but sharp needles over your skin. These will create micro punctures in the skin that will in turn induce collagen production and force your skin to heal back healthier and rejuvenate, similar to working out and muscle building.
There are many uses and benefits for utilizing a derma roller, and they come in varying needle sizes that each accompany their own advantages. We here at Beautonics offer a 0.5mm roller, as it offers the most safe and effective all-around benefits you can achieve from the comfort of your own home,. You can learn more about it here.
Now onto the juicy directions, you ready?
Here is your guide of using your Derma Roller:
- If you purchased our Beautonics Derma Roller it comes already pre-sterilized, but we highly recommend cleaning your face and the roller before and after each use to avoid the risk of infection or the spreading of bacteria, especially if you purchased a roller elsewhere.
- Once cleaned, go ahead and start rolling on the desired area in a vertical rolling motion. Do this 10-12 times. Apply enough pressure to where it may sting a bit (NO PAIN NO GAIN). A little bleeding may occur which is common with rolling in general but highly unlikely with the 0.5mm size, do not freak out if it happens!
- After rolling vertically, start rolling horizontally on the desired area another 10-12 times.
- After rolling horizontally, then roll diagonally each way 10-12 times.
- Repeat this process on all areas you would like to roll on. We recommend spreading out the directions; meaning first vertically roll on all areas you wish, then repeat on all areas horizontally, then diagonally, etc. as opposed to going vertical, horizontal, diagonal consecutively on the same area at once.
- After you are done, please clean the Derma Roller and put it back in its nice, cozy case.
- You may now apply whatever serum, oil, cream or beauty product you wish to apply. Your skin will absorb it MUCH more dramatically, increasing effectiveness and results. Some popular choices are Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E Oil, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, etc.
And BOOM YOU ARE DONE. You should roll about 1-2 times a week max with the 0.5mm needle size. Your skin needs ample time to heal and rejuvenate.
You should also replace your roller every 4-6 months depending on use as the needles may dull over time and treatment.
We also have a short video showing our Beautonics Derma Roller in use with some info, check it out! - https://youtu.be/OfReS8LKNro
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help!